MTA servicesIn addition to fixed route bus service, MTA operates the following specialized services.
Regional public transit
MTA information is available in Google Maps. The connecting services operated by Golden Gate Transit (including Marin Transit), and Santa Rosa CityBus are also available in Google Maps. Use Google Maps to plan trips that include connections with these services.
- Amtrak Thruway Bus Route 7 provides service between Humboldt County and Martinez, with stops in Sonoma County, Mendocino County, Solano, and Napa Counties. Mendocino County locations include Willits, Ukiah, Laytonville, and Leggett.
- Phone: 1-800-USA-RAIL
- Golden Gate Transit
- Golden Gate Transit operates transit services within Sonoma, Marin, San Francisco, and Contra Costa Counties. MTA Routes 65 and 95 connect with Golden Gate Transit in Santa Rosa.
- Phone: (707) 541-2000
- Greyhound provides daily service in Willits, Ukiah, and Santa Rosa. Northbound service travels to Humboldt County. Southbound service travels to San Rafael, Oakland, and San Francisco.
- Phone: (800) 231-2222
Santa Rosa: 707-545-6495
- Lake Transit Authority
- Lake Transit provides services in Lake County (Clear Lake area). Lake Transit Route 7 connects Mendocino College and Ukiah locations to Lakeport.
- Lakeport: (707) 263-3334
Clear Lake: (707) 994-3334
- Santa Rosa CityBus
- Public transportation within the City of Santa Rosa. MTA Routes 65 and 95 connect with CityBus services.
- Phone: (707) 543-3925
- Skunk Train
- Historic tourist excurstion operated by California Western Railroad
- Phone: (707) 964-6371
- Sonoma County Airport Express
- Provides transportation services to and from the San Francisco and Oakland airports.
- Phone: (707) 837-8700
- Sonoma County Transit
- MTA Routes 65 and 95 connect with Sonoma County Transit in Santa Rosa.
- Phone: (707) 543-3333
Other transit connections throughout California
- California Transit Links (American Public Transportation Association)
- SF Bay 511.org (Transit and traffic information throughout the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area)
- Transportation in the San Francisco Bay Area (Wikipedia)
- MTA E-Ride – volunteer driver rideshare program
- Non-emergency transportation assistance for Mendocino County residents living in outlying areas. The E-Ride program has been designed to offer a simple, safe connection between prospective passengers and a pool of approved volunteer drivers. E-Ride provides professional dispatch and ride-scheduling services, a screening process for both prospective E-ride drivers and passengers, and limited reimbursement in the form of vouchers to offset the volunteer drivers’ fuel costs.
- Craigslist rideshare board
- Forum for finding, requesting, and offering rides to, from, and within Mendocino County.
- Listings for Mendocino/Anderson Valley